Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ancient Chinese Secret - Caveat Emptor




ARTIST: Ancient Chinese Secret
TITLE: Caveat Emptor
LABEL: Slap A Ham Records #50
YEAR: 1999
GENRE: Powerviolence / Noisy Hardcore

Well here I am. I am back with the punk and hardcore entries. I picked the red vinyl version of this up at CI Records in Lancaster a few years back. I didn't know who it was, but at the time I was trying to complete the Slap A Ham Records discography. I ended up paying $5 for this. For a few years, I only thought it was released on red vinyl. Well its like a clear orange to be exact. I was Celebrated Summer in Towson MD one day and found a copy on black vinyl. Which I didnt even know existed. That was only $5 so I picked that up.

ACS is made up for Chris and Lydia Dodge, and a drummer. Chris Dodge was one of the singers of Spazz. His wife hated powerviolence, but still sang on this release. Its different I will say. Its powerviolence with just a bass, drums and sometimes keyboards. There are also some very weird instrumental tracks as well.

PRESSING INFO: Not sure how many were pressed. I have confirmed a clear orange vinyl, and a black vinyl release. The clear orange version is supposed to be harder to find. But I've seen it more often than the black vinyl version. I have also read that there is a clear swirl vinyl. But I have yet to confirm this.

TRACK LISTING:
A-SIDE
1. Waiting For Doctor Bombay
2. A Nice Day
3. Moral Of The Story
4. ???
5. Hyper Liar
6. Obnoxious Fumes
7. The Overlook
B-SIDE
1. The Basics
2. Outburst
3. Fight or Flight
4. Quiet For The Choirmaster
5. Needles Eye
6. The Candle Burns
7. A Passage Of Time

http://rapidshare.com/files/195213978/ancient_chinese_secret_lp.zip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I posted that A's live album on my blog. Check it out!