Saturday, May 16, 2009

I've been slacking

I was thinking about retiring the blog. I honestly though NOBODY read this thing. It is a lot of fun, and 2 people said they enjoyed it so that makes it all worth the effort. I promise to actually keep regular updates now. I'm going to try for at least 1 a day.

I went to a yardsale down the street yesterday and there was 3 boxes of 45's. I ended up buying 8 45's at 25 cents each. I went back down today to look for more 45's. I ended up buying 8 more plus the guy had 2 boxes of LP's and 45's out for sale! How did I miss those? LP's and 78's were $1 each and here is my picks ups.

45's
Annette - Luau Cha Cha Cha / Pineapple Princess (Buena Vista 362)
Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance / Sweet Thing (Old Town 1076)
Bobby Edwards - I'm A Fool For Loving You / You're The Reason (Crest 45-1075)
Bobby Gregg - Scarlet O'hara / Take Me Out To The Ball Game (Epic 5-9601. PROMO)
Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser / Stalkin' (Jamie 1104)
Fontella Bass - Soul Of The Man / Rescue Me (Checker 1120)
Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread / Blue Betty (Chancellor 1021)
James Darren - Valerie / Goodbye Cruel World (Colpix 609)
Jimmy Thompson - I Offered My Love / I Want You To Know (Gambler 1643)
Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna / Be My Girl (Dunes 45-2002)
Roger Bellow - I'll Just Pretend / Flop Eared Mule (Urban Recordings 1002)
Sammy Masters - Rockin' Red Wing / Lonely Weekend (Lode 108)
The Chimes - Summer Night / Once in Awhile (Tag 444)
The Kingsmen - Louie Louie / Haunted Castle (Wand 143)
The Rockin' R's - The Beat / Crazy Baby (Tempus 7541)
Travis & Bob - Tell Him No / We're Too Young (Sandy 1017)

78's
Amos Milburn and his Aladdin Chickenshackers - One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer / What Can I Do? (Aladdin 3197)
Earl Bostic and his Orchestra - I'm Getting Sentimental Over You / Flamingo (King 4475)

LP's
Carl Perkins - Country Boy's Dream (Dollie DLP4001)
Gene Pitney - Looking Through The Eyes Of Love (Musicor MS3069)
Ohio Express - S/T (Buddah BDS 5018)

1 comment:

billy said...

i just found this and i love it. please continue this, i've also sent it to many mates that enjoy rare and hard to find. i've spent 3 days on this site and cant get enough!