Friday, March 1, 2013

The Aztex - The Little Streets In This Town / I Said Move 45

Everybody should know of these 2 songs. Straight from the 1960's garage scene, this release is the epitome of raw and wild 60's punk. The a-side is a fast jangler, and the B-side is a raw and fast fuzz punk monster.

 Released in I believe late 1966 on the Staff label. There are only a handful of original copies known to exist. I ended up buying the reissue at the Allentown record fair last year for $10. Considering an original will cost me a few thousand bucks. But I'll admit, if I had a few thousand to spend, this would end up in my collection.

The Little Streets In This Town was rated #299 on the Teenbeat Mayhem top 1000 garage songs. While I Said Move ended up at #104.

The A-side was released on the Back From The Grave Volume 5 LP (both German and US versions), Back From The Grave Volume 3 CD (Both German and US versions).

The B-side was also comped on Back From The Grave Volume 4 (all LP versions), Back From The Grave Volume 2 CD (all versions), and the Greasy Rock 'N' Roll Volume 4 compilation


Check this out!!

No comments: