Monday, July 27, 2009

Latest record digging finds!

Almost a month without an update! No, I'm not dead. Just trying to pay my bills and get everything back on track. I'm on vacation right now, and I ended up hitting up some antique stores here in southern West Virginia. A lot of these I picked up because I didnt know what they were and I figured, hell, I'll give em a chance! Here is the fruits of the hunt:

45's

Alex Campbell, Olabelle & Deacon and the New River Boys - 4 Song EP (New River)
Alive And Kicking - Tighter, Tighter / Sunday Morning (Roulette)
Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman / I'll Love You Forever (Alston, 1971)
Bill Ocean - Love Is Forever (promo) (Jive)
B.J. Thomas - Hooked on a Feeling / I've Been Down This Road Before (Scepter)
Canned Heat - Going Up The Country / One Kind Flavor (Liberty)
Crazy Elephant - Gimme, Gimmie Good Lovin' / Dark Part of My Mind (bell)
Earl Brogan - Don't Let 'Em Wear The Midi / Wolfcreek (delight)
Eric Jacobsen - When The Word Comes (Bring Them Home (Promo) (Curb, 1986)
Garland Jeffreys - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love) (promo) (Epic, 1982)
Gloria Lynne - I Wish You Love / Through A Long And Sleepless Night (everest)
Johnny Rivers - Going Back to Big Sur / These Are Not My People (Imperial)
Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Brainwasher (Part 1) / What Does It Take (To Win Your Love) (Soul, 1968)
Liz Damon's Orient Express - 1900 Yesterday / You're Falling In Love (white whale)
Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On / Love Me Like You Mean It (Windsong)
Murray Head - One Night in Bankok / Merano (Chess, 1984)
Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue / Better Days (A&M, 1975)
Starpoint - It's All Yours / Don't Be So Serious (Elektra, 1983)
Teegarden & Van Winkle - God, Love And Rock & Roll / Work Me Tomorrow (westbound)
The 4 Seasons - Santa Claus is Coming to Town / Christmas Tears (Vee Jay)
The Doors - People Are Strange / Unhappy Girl (elektra)
The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy vs. The Red Baron / I Needed You (Laurie)
The Scotties / I Kadez - Popsicles And Icicles / Louie Louie (Hit)
The Second Coming - Requiem for a Rainy Day (promo) (Mercury)
Three Dog Night - Never Been to Spain / Peace of Mind (Dunhill)

78's

Lenny Carson and the Whiz Kids - Molasses, Molasses (It's Icky Sticky Goo) / Everybody Clap Hands (Discovery)

Most of the common 45's came with a stack I bought at an antique store. I had to buy the whole stack. I'll listen to these when I get home on Thursday, and hopefully I'll be able to find some great numbers to add to my collection. An update is soon on the way!

No comments: