Sunday, January 17, 2010

Washington D.C. pickups

So last night I went to Washington D.C. to see Dave Haus (The Loved Ones) and Brian Fallon (The Gaslight Anthem) at The Black Cat. As much as I hate DC, with the no parking and stupid ass streets, the show was great! I hit up Sams Records, Smash Records and Crooked Beat Records and here is what I picked up

7"
Decepticonz - Get In The Ring (Too Hep on black. Ska. Bought this because it has a wrestling cover)
Yeastie Girlz - Ovary Action (original Lookout! pressing with the Laytonville address)
Face to Face / Horace Pinker - Split (black. this has been on my want list for some time now)
Stewface / Mold - Split (it was cheap, and it looked cool.)
The Disenchanted / The Striped Basstards - Je Suis Le Firestarter (black. fast streetpunk)

LP's
Zoinks! - Well and Good (Dr. Strange. Pop punk)
V/A - I've Had Enough: Unissued Sixties Garage Acetates Volume 4 (comp of never released garage records from the 60's)

CD's
Hot Rod Circuit - Reality's Coming Through (Vagrant)
V/A - Hot Curly Weenie (Recess Records comp with dwarves, FYP, propagandhi and more)
V/A - Punk USA (Lookout! 1994. comp with scratch bongowax, rattail grenadier, pink lincolns and more)

4 comments:

http://MNPunk said...

Just wanted to say that I love the blog. We have pretty similar tastes in music.

Knowing that you like punk & wrestling, I was wondering if you have this one: http://subrec.com/records/piledriver/index.htm First release for Sinkhole & Kid With Man Head. Rick Rude & Sting on the cover.

Posi Jeff The Record Guy said...

hey thanks for reading my blog! Unfortunately I do not have this one yet. Just when I thought I had everything I find more and more. Yet another reason why I love record collecting.

Anonymous said...

I put that record out. Drop me a line at the subrec.com site and I'll hook you up.

Anonymous said...

DC hates you back