Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Wunder Years - Take It Off, Let It Go, Start From Scratch 7"

Front of the EP
Back
Side Y (AKA side B)
Side W (AKA side A)
Lyric insert
Back of the insert

ARTIST: The Wunder Years
TITLE: Take It Off, Let It Go, Start From Scratch
LABEL: Tomato Head Records
CATALOG: THR #4
YEAR: 1998
GENRE: Pop Punk / Emo
PRESSING INFO: As far as I know, only pressed on black. Probably around 1000 or 2000 pressed.

I've been wanting to update this blog for a few days now. Here's to procrastination! I got into this band after a compilation appearance on one of those old Springman Records comps. Realizing how good they were, I found this 7" for 50 cents at Double Decker Records (noticing a trend here?).

This is not the same "wonder years" that is circling the hardcore pop punk rounds these days! This band is a more melodic slower pop punk band but very very good. They also released a full length which I sold a few months ago and I'm kicking myself for it!

Hopeless Romantic is not the same bouncing souls song.

TRACK LISTING:
Side A
1. Backstab
2. Hopeless Romantic

Side B
3. Bottled
4. Wonder Years

http://www.mediafire.com/?mq5dzmomyyy

4 comments:

Avi said...

This is one of my favorite EPs ever, I'm glad you got into them through one of my comps!

Posi Jeff The Record Guy said...

wow, thanks for reading my blog! Your comps got me into a ton of bands (go real slow, cruiserweight, staples, ect). And the punk rock strike series are some of my favorites as well

Avi said...

I just have a "Google News Alert" set up for the bands I work with and "Springman Records" and found it through that. You have some seriously good listening posted up here though, including lots of records that I've lost or destroyed and haven't been able to find replacements of.
By the way, that band "All Ages" that you coudln't find more info on -- that is Chad and Mark formerly of the very second band I ever signed, "The Whyioughtas", from Lakeland Florida.
Just curious, what band are you in and where are you based out of? We probably ran into each other at Fest or some shit!
Take care + have a happy NYE,
-Avi

Posi Jeff The Record Guy said...

thanks for the info on all ages! I'll be posting a ton of rare NJPP coming up soon as well. I was in a band called "handguns". We played in a warehouse at the fest at about 2:30 in the morning. We were from PA. I'm starting another band now that is shooting for a lanemeyer / humble beginnings style pop punk sound. Also, do you happen to have a copy of "spring sucks". I have spring really sucks but I need spring sucks for my lanemeyer collection! Thanks!