Sunday, November 29, 2009

Down By Law - Down By Law LP



ARTIST: Down By Law
TITLE: Down By Law
LABEL: Epitaph
CATALOG: 86441-1
YEAR:1991
GENRE: Punk / Melodic Punk
PRESSING INFO: I believe this was only pressed on black vinyl. If there are other variations I would love to know! Also released on CD and cassette

Seriously, this has to be one of the best punk bands to come out in the last 20 years. I don't care what anybody says. I fucking love this band.

Composed of Dave Smalley (Dag Nasty, DYS, All) and former members of the chemical people. I'm sure everybody has heard at least a few of their songs on Punk-O-Rama comps and G-Kart Records comps. They are still around but don't seem to put out much new material.

This is an amazing punk album with lots of melody and emotion. I will post more Down By Law albums in the future.

http://rapidshare.com/files/313508665/Down_by_Law_-_ST.zip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had my copy since '94 and it's on black vinyl. It's been out of print for some time although used copies on CD and vinyl are easy to find. I heard that there's a small label (the name escapes me) interested in re-releasing all of the DBL epitaph stuff on colored vinyl and CD.

Oh yeah, how about re-uploading the Budget "Eepee" that would be awesome of ya.

Posi Jeff The Record Guy said...

yea I noticed that DBL vinyl has been out of print for a while. But I've been picking my copies up at record stores for pretty cheap. I'd love for somebody to release some old DBL releases on colored vinyl.

And the Budget EP will be uploaded sometime in the near future!

MNPunk said...

This was a great record. Dave fresh out of ALL, and enlisting the Chemical People to be his backup band....it doesn't get much better than that. I was just making hte switch to CD's when this one came out, so it was one of my earliest CD purchases. Smokin' record. Great post!