Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Midnight Drive - Midnight Drive CD (Self Released 2001)


I remember seeing these guys at The Go Point in Hanover PA back in the day. Unfortunately I do not have that flyer. Yuck . What I remember most is that they turned off ALL the lights and had 1 small lamp in the middle of them all. I don't remember how good they were live though. The CD has 6 tracks of old school type screamo. The songs are long (over 4 minutes) but they are really good. If you like saetia, you and I and bands like that but more crude and garagy, check these guys out.

PRESSING INFO: Self released in 2001 sometime. Probably over the summer. Recorder at Aberdien studios of March 2001. Probably around 100 or so were released.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Brushing Against Fingertips
2. Highways
3. Tonight We Die
4. Auroraphobia
5. Invisible Ultraviolet
6. Midsummer Aesthetic

http://rapidshare.com/files/140411337/midnight_drive.zip.html

4 comments:

bchetta said...

i saw them in DC some time ago, been looking to get there cd...any ideas? (the link that was posted was no help because the file had been erased).

David said...

Sweeeeeeet. Thank you much for the kind words. That show was a great memory for us. I remember they did not sell beer in that town which was a first for me. Been looking for this forever now. I was the guitarist/one of the screamers in that band. Man, to be 16 again...
Thanks! You can check out some of my newer material here: http://www.last.fm/label/Indepent+Artist
The drummer, kevin broderick went on to form The Catalyst: http://www.last.fm/music/The%2520Catalyst?ac=the%20catalyst

David said...

Whatever happened to the other band that played that show - Sandwich Is?

I remember digging the name and that's about it.

Also, I thought that venue was 'the moose lodge'.

Posi Jeff the Record Guy said...

I suppose I'll respond to these comments finally! Sorry I am a slacker. The Go Point was just the name that the person booking the show named the basement at the moose lodge. Of that makes sense. And David, was there any other recorded material besides this EP?